What is the Difference between Web App & Mobile App?

 Today we will talk about Mobile App Development versus web development. You're considering doing one or the other so I want to talk about which one would be a better choice for you for your career as a programmer.

So we're going to talk about that and for the record. I've done both in my career currently I am a mobile developer but I'll be able to give you my own personal opinion there and I'm not only interested in giving you my personal opinion I want to provide you with some data that I've put together based on my own research.




So I kind of wants to break this down into three categories that are going to be compensation demand and learning curve. So there are a few websites I want to look at that give us developer salaries the first one I want to look at here is true. So indeed has web making an average salary of about78k a year whereas mobile devs make an average salary of about 123k a year.

So pretty big difference they're pretty big gap in salary. I don't know how accurate this is so before you start learning mobile development because of the six figure salary let's taking a look at a couple other sources. From glass door we have an average salary for web devs to be about 69k a year versus mobile at about 98k a year. So that actually sounds a lot more right in my opinion and in my experience so smaller amount for both options but the trend still stands that mobile devs tend to earn more.

And the last one I want to look at here is pay scale shows web devs making about 60k a year versus mobile at 73k a year. If we take all three of these sites we'll see that the average for a Web App Development comes out to be about70k a year versus mobile sitting at 98k a year.

So salary is very important when considering a job to be honest. I feel like a web developer might be a little low here but I would say on average you know this is pretty much true at least in my experience.




Mobile devs are going to make more than web devs and I think a big reason for that is because mobile devs they're kind of hard to come at least in my experience every single job that I've had where we've put out a mobile developer job posting.

We've had a little bit of trouble filling those roles so this kind of leads me into my next point which is demand. So if we're talking about in the United States according to the u.s bureau of labor and statistics the projected growth for web developers is about eight percent through 2029.

As you can see they also have this marked in parentheses that this is much faster than average which I would tend to a green. Now as a whole the u.s bureau has software developers projected to grow at 22.

So I'm not entirely sure if software developers encompasses web developers according to the u.s bureau of labor and statistics. But I would assume so right so eight percent growth in the next 10 years. And I would say that's pretty good right and I don't think that's anything too crazy but I definitely think there is a growing demand for web developers and I don't think you'll have any problem finding a job.

You can choose the path of becoming a web developer at least specialize in web development so now let's quickly talk about the demand for mobile devs and to be honest finding a reliable resource for the demand of mobile devs was a bit tricky. But I did find this survey on stack over flow that asks developers what they do for a living.

Reference URL: What is the Difference between Web App & Mobile App?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Digital Marketing is Beneficial in 2022?

Which is the Best NFT Marketplace Development Company?

How Long Does It Take to Develop an NFT Marketplace?